Friday, July 06, 2007

Monkey's off my back!

Well! Up to pair 5. 12 to go! Which means I need to knit a pair a week going forward.... I can't believe you guys got Aaron to comment on my blog! For the first time ever! But honestly, I wouldn't cheat. If you all remember, the reason for the bet was because I have a large amount of very nice sock yarn, and I declared it time for a Sock Era. The bet was an offshoot. I really want to knit all this nice yarn, I swear.


: )


Last night, I finished up my Monkey's.

Knitting on these stalled back in May, when I was almost done with the first sock, and I discovered I wouldn't be able to get it over my heel. For the first time ever, I decided to rip out a sock. Normally, I would finish up the pair, and give them away as a gift. But I love this yarn so much - I upsized the pattern, and started again.

Details:
Pattern - Monkey socks by Cookie
Yarn - Sweet Georgia, Kissed colorway.
Thoughts - totally addicting pattern. The reason I made it so far without realizing just how small they were is because the lace pattern was so much fun! To make them wider, I just added an extra purl stitch onto each end of the lace pattern, upping my final stitch count to 72. And then adjusting the heel accordingly.

3 comments:

said...

Those monkeys are totally addicting aren't they?

said...

Dang, Sweet Georgia isn't accepting orders right now. I may have to do something about this myself -- those pinks are to dye for.

said...

I'm on my second pair of Monkeys - I love this pattern! Yours are so cute - love the yarn!