1. Go for walks DONE! Two 6 mile walks, one 3 mile walk
2. Swim in the lake DONE! This was a little bit harder - it was COLD up 'on the mountain' (as Aaron likes to say). On one of the colder days, I did go knit at my favorite beach:
And the weather was finally warm enough for a quick dip yesterday.
3. Go to Webs. DONE! Bought myself some silk. Yummy hand dyed silk.
4. Make my stepmother's mother's day present: DONE!
I like it so much that I'm going to make another for my Mom. Just need to be in the mood again.
5. Knit on my maple leaf shawl. DONE! This is still a pretty complicated pattern, but I love the way its' turning out.
6. Finish up some socks: DONE! My toe up anklets were finished on the drive up, and the STR June SOTM month were finished on Monday night. This gets me to 4 (actually very close to 5, as the Monkey's are almost to the toe of the second sock) out of the 17 that I need to finish by Sept 25th to win that bet with Aaron. That means 1 pair of socks a week from now forward. I have my doubts. But I DO NOT concede defeat!
Details on the STR June SOTM:
Pattern: Zig Zag socks, large size (on 85 sts), size 0 DPNs, knit top down. Awesome yarn colors, great pattern. I really really like the garter stitch heel - not so big a fan of the toe. But - as usual, fun to learn something new! I needed to break into my 'emergency yarn' (the little key chain they include with each shipment) to finish the final toe. SO - take that as a warning, larger footed SOTMers.
Yarn: STR Firebird colorway
7. Sleep in Kind of done. Almost impossible to sleep in with 3 dogs and a mom who really wants you to wake up all in a small cabin. But did stay in bed (or get back in after feeding and letting the dogs out) until 8 AM each day.
8. Watch fireworks. Not done. It's raining here.
9. Possibly start a new sweater. Nope. Was having more fun knitting on the socks and the shawl.
Back to work for a whole 2 day work week. Sigh. It's a hard life I lead.