Thursday, May 10, 2007

Heavy Sigh

Last night, while knitting happily on my Monkey sock, I had really made a lot of progress! This pattern knits up FAST! Iwas smiling to myself at the prospect of having another new pair of socks by the end of the weekend!
But then, I starting pulling on it and stretching it... and started to seriously wonder if this sock was going to fit. So I tried it on.
Oh, I can get it over my heel. But it isn't pretty. Amanda convinced me to do the right thing:
I going to rework the pattern, and add a few more stitches in. This yarn is MEANT to be Monkey socks - but it's going to make me work for it, I guess.

7 comments:

said...

Oh no! Big bummer.

said...

Okay, that tells me not to make monkey socks! I'd never get them over my tree trunk ankles.

said...

bummer!!! So with your 17-pairs total - that's FO socks, right, not actually knitted socks (regardless of frogging) - since it looks like you'll have knitted 17 pairs plus 3/4 of a sock!

said...

That's what I had to do on my Lunasea socks, twice. I'm a huge fan of denial, especially the sort where you keep knitting while deciding whether or not to rip.

said...

Oh how disappointing! That yarn definitely calls out for the monkeys though! I have faith you'll work it out!

said...

it sucks that you had to rip the whole sock back. i feel your pain. last night i finally ripped back the cuffs of my socks and now i get to start them again with size 2 needles.

good luck with your monkey socks. that pattern looks awesome!

said...

OMG, Cece! You are a Knitting Goddess! I love that colorway, too-definitely Monkey Sock-worthy!

I love Christine's comment-I guess it is part of the 'denial' thing; "if I knit further, it may end up fitting afterall..."

I may be ripping my first Mystic Sea back, since the toe is a bit snug. I want to finish the second first, just so I feel more accomplished. Not sure if I really want to add the yarn but (of course) snipped it back when I finished, since at the time I had decided that "yes, the foot is long enough!"...

Leslie