Sunday, November 26, 2006

Phew.

Well. I'm on the other end of the big Thanksgiving/family visit - and I survived! Thanksgiving Day itself was perfect. The food was awesome, we all had a great time... and I was so happy to see my brother and mom. On Friday, both my brother and his wife left for the day, and Aaron and I had our 8 year old nieces... Which we then spent the whole day spoiling. We went for a long dog walk, saw Happy Feet, went to the make your own sundae bar.... lots of fun.

On Saturday, we went to the Acton Science Museum, and then mom and I did a little fabric shopping (nothing exciting was found) and she finished the curtains for the baby room! No pictures yet, as Aaron needs to put up the curtain rod.

Today, everyone left, and Aaron and I put out our Christmas lights! I may have gone a bit overboard with the candy cane lights - but you can all judge:




As for knitting, I finally finished the movie scarf I started ages ago. We went on a double date with my brother and sister in law last night to see the new James Bond movie (I liked it a lot!), and I finally got to the end of the ball of yarn. Henry is willing to do anything today - he is totally wiped out from playing with the girls for the past 4 days:




Details:
Size 5 needles, 25 stitches, Blue Heron Chenille hand dyed yarn (iris colorway), bought at Circles over 3 years ago! I just knit until I ran out of yarn, which resulted in a 6 inch wide, 72 inch long scarf. Perfect.

I also finished one of the surprise knitting projects, and worked a bit on my Christmas Shawl, and finished the front of the Dulaan sweater. Maybe some more FO pictures soon. Oh! And the quilter called about my mother's quilt - it's ready to be picked up!

1 comments:

said...

Oh look at Henry, look at those long suffering eyes!! What a cutie!!!