Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Finished Bathroom!

Last night, at 12:30 AM, my brother arrived for Thanksgiving. At 11:30 PM, we got the final picture hung on the bathroom! Remember the before pictures? Here are the after!





Of course, someday we want to put in new fixtures and re-tile this room, but for now, we are just going to live with the linoleum and strange brown wall tile and toilet. The only thing I haven't finished is doing something with the window... a valance or curtain, maybe a Roman shade? Still undecided. But the rest of it - I love it! Just by putting new drawer pulls on the vanity and a new faucet, the vanity looks brand new! And the paint, at first I thought it was a little too bright, but after hanging the fun 'How to be an Artist' poster, I think it looks great.

I brought the shower curtain over a year ago... so I'm a bit embarassed as to how excited I was when I went to buy the rug and other 'things' that Linen's and things still carried everything. At least I didn't go super crazy and buy the kleenex cover. Oh - and one last thing? We also installed a 'luxury' shower curtain rod - have you heard of these? They come out from the wall in a curve - makes the tub seem HUGE! For $30 (in that link, it's $40 - we got ours at Home Depot) - it's totally worth it. Huzzah!

Off to work (hopefully they take pity on us and let us out early) and then spending time with family. Oh - and yesterday, I crossed everything off my 'before Thanksgiving' list, and came close to finishing the knitting on my surprise thing... maybe there will be some knitting progress to show off tomorrow.

4 comments:

said...

Those shower rods are brilliant, brilliant I say, hehe

said...

Looks great!! I like the relax sign and the artist poster is very funny. I shall be doing the snail one I think!!!

said...

Nice job! Happy thanksgiving to you and your family, Cece!

said...

i like the brightness of it all. happy thanksgiving.