Thursday, January 26, 2006

A few things I love about blogging

The first, is when you get a picture in your e-mail of someone wearing something you made for them! Here is my Trade buddy's daughter, wearing the Roundtrip sweater I made her. Heather actually made me laugh out loud when I read her comment 'Can't wait to see you model it' - and here is why: You see know why Heather is so funny? Yep - that gal is maybe a size 2.... and I'm a size, well, NOT 2. I think it looks like a fun sweater though!

Second - getting a totally unexpected phone call from a blog buddy. Amysue and I comment on each others blogs often - but yesterday - she just gave me a call! It was a fun break from work to be sitting and chatting with a knitting pal. We commiserated about insensitive family members, and made a date to get together to knit during the Knitting Olympics (a date which I have to change - I'll let you know, Amysue!)

Which, then got me thinking my design for the Knitting Olympics! I need to work out the chart for the Gansey Pattern - but I'm at work, I don't have knitting graph paper and I couldn't remember the name of the yarn I was planning on using. Well, I goggled knitting graph paper, and found this link on this blog. I then trolled through my own archives, and found my post about when I bought the yarn. Which gave me the name, (Harrisville Design Orchid) at which point I goggled THAT, and found the gauge. Perfect. I'm sitting here with graph paper in hand, happily filling in the little squares, plotting my design.

Love it.

6 comments:

said...

Thank you for the lovely comments! I do enjoy reading everyone's thoughts. Thanks for the A!!
Love the Trade sweater on, you are right, real live models make a difference.
How's the bath redo? Any pictures of the tile?

said...

Hello there! The trade sweater looks great on her! Thanks for stopping over to my blog ;-).

said...

Don't you just love the internet! I"ve done that so many times, printed out graph paper, googled stuff, and have come up with exactly waht I needed fairly soon to when I needed it.

said...

You are so funny! I love the sweater the colors are just gorgeous. And, I'm not a size 2 either. Wait, maybe my toe is. Yea, my toe! LOL

said...

You are very funny my dear friend. I did go out and set up a blog, goodness knows if I can keep it updated! Maybe I can get that pattern for you when I get home from Chicago!

said...

Hi CeeCee it's Stephanie, Sherryls Daughter. I am definantly not a size two!! more like size eleven! :)

thank you for the sweater
Stephanie