Tuesday, November 29, 2005

31 more days...


Well, last time I posted about the number of days until Christmas, I had 62 days to go, and two sweaters. Well, here you can see that one sweater is done! One sweater = one month! Alas, I started the second sweater last night, and it's HARD. And to get gauge, I need to use size 1's for the ribbing (it's called 'fancy' ribbing, by the way) and size 4's for the body. Sigh. Anyway, back to the good news, here is the Trade sweater, which still needs to be blocked. I used size 5 needles, Noro Kureyon. The pattern (Roundtrip from Knitter's Fall 2003) called for size 7s. Was is fun to knit? Maybe for the first part. But after miles and miles of plain knitting, the novelty of the Dolman sleeves wore off. And the yarn, although it looks fun, was a bit rough on my hands. I'm really looking forward to getting my Trade Blanket, though! Reports from Sherryl tell me that she is working hard!

And as promised, here are pictures of my finished birthday scarf. Tarsha gave me this yarn for my birthday, and I just loved it. I used 2 balls of Lorna's Laces shepherd worsted, and the Multi Directional scarf pattern. I cast on 50 stitches, as I like my scarves nice and wide. I've been wearing this every day since it came off the needles - the yarn is soooo wonderful! Thanks Tarsha!!

In the background of that picture, you see the next house 'fix it' project. I'm taking the picture in our downstairs 'powder room'. The toilet in this bathroom does more of a 'swirl' than a flush (that term stolen from Amanda) and the cabinet for the sink is about 2 centimeters too big, and rubs against the door. The floor is linoleum. So - we are going to replace both the toilet and the sink. I want to get a pedestal sink - I don't see the reason for the cabinet in the 'powder room'. And then a nice (maybe blue) tile. The room is so small that even I agree we should paint it white when we are ready - but - of course(!) - there is nasty wallpaper to be removed first.

OK - off to get some work done!

8 comments:

said...

Hi Cece! I'm finishing up your big package. Is there anything special that you really want/need right now for all your knitting before the holidays? Let me know! Take care!
SP
knitanonymous@yahoo.com

said...

Everything looks wonderful, except the house fix it project!

said...

That is a really beautiful sweater! I'd love to see a picture of you wearing it.

said...

Wow it turned out fantasitcally. And how perfect it was completed in exactly half the amount of time you had.

Great job.

said...

Love the sweater and the scarf!

said...

Another two great things knitted by you. Another thing in common, we are both in homes that need a lot of TLC, and the dreaded wallpaper, Steve had the answer last week with out downstairs entry, it was wallpapered, he was going to take it off then decided that the rest of downstairs is double brick, this entry could be, so he just ripped the gyprock (drywall) off and dadah, bricks, thank goodness, so he cleaned them up and painted them. Beautiful.

said...

Love the colours in the cardi and scarf!

said...

The sweater is beautiful, but I know exactly what you are talking about with that yarn. I have made smaller projects with this yarn. Then I discovered Noro Transitions and that is quite nice. The scarf turned out very pretty. I printed the pattern thank you very much and it will be ready for me after the first of the year. Sounds like you are so busy. Keep up the good work. Chris