Friday, January 27, 2006

OCD

OK. So you know how some people can't stop buying, let's say, pasta, because they feel like they don't have enough? And then they get home, and they have like 15 boxes? Well, the other day, I was looking at the yarn that Susan gave me for Christmas, trying to decide if I should make a scarf or 'something else'. As I walk down the stairs, I notice that Aaron has put up these neat hooks at our front door for people who visit to put jackets. They looked lonely without anything on them, so I decided to hang our scarves on them.

I think I may have a scarf problem. And the funny thing is - I truly think I need more. About 2 years ago, I noticed that I barely had any scarves. So I made one. Then, I found just what I difference in warmth a scarf makes, and made more. Whenever we were going to the movies, and I didn't have a simple sock to knit on, I'd cast on for a scarf.

I can't stop. I think a nice 'loopy' scarf would look cool out of that Christmas yarn, don't you?

6 comments:

said...

Go for it. A scarf for each coat, jacket or outfit I say!

said...

Scarves are a great fashion accessory, you can never have too many.

P.S. I mailed your prize today.

said...

You can NEVER have enough scarves!

said...

But a scarf is like wearing a hug all day long!

said...

I, too, like making scarves. You once came over and told me that I have 'too many' scarves. I was, and am still, baffled.

said...

Yup, some nice scarves there! But I see you tend to like cool reds, and blues, one black, and one forlorn grey heather. But you need some red-orange, yellows, greens, and lilac! Also brown, and rust, and olive. You need some stripes - horizontal and lengthwise! Yes, you need more scarves!