Sunday, October 02, 2005

What I did on my blog vacation..

Ok, not really a vacation - but I definitely didn't post as much as I usually do. Last week was crazy! In what I do for a living, it isn't like the work gets done by someone else when I go on vacation, it just piles up and waits for me to get back. Sigh. Plus - Weds - Fri, I went to Chicago - so I was running around like a madwoman all week.

I did do stuff though! On Sunday, I went to the new class with Suzanne, Laurie, Bonney, Susan and Tarsha. In this class, we are learning to design our own textured sweater. I had already decided that I was going to make a Gansey style sweater - and seems like all of us have different ideas as to what we are making. I'm trying to think outside the box for myself in terms of sweater color, and I'm using Harrisville Design Orchid yarn (a wool/silk blend) in Sunflower. I'm loving it. In the background of the picture, you can also see the chart I made for the design - I think that was my favorite part! Making all the little purl stitches on the graph paper (I'm such a nerd).

And, why it is that I've allowed myself to cast on for this new sweater? Because I finished all the pieces of the Tilted Jacket! That is one of the advantages of traveling for work - I get more knitting done than normal - because I don't have my 'chores' to do (staying in a hotel) and there is lots of time to knit while waiting for the plane and flying! I started sewing it together last night, but it's a pretty daunting task. I set it aside for a bit after I made the same mistake TWICE. Sigh.

In non-knitting news, we had color up on the hallways! This isn't the best picture, but you can see how one wall is Aqua, and the other light orange. I didn't like the idea of having the same color all the way through the downstairs hallway, the stairwell and the upstairs hallway, so I broke it up a bit. I was also nervous that the upstairs color would be too peachy, but I think it's looking ok. One more coat of paint, and we are done! Yippee!

Tonight, I'm going over to Amanda's to do a bit of beading - I want to make a twisty necklace like one she has done - hopefully I have the right beads. We shall see...

0 comments: