Thursday, November 10, 2005

Roundtrip (and puppies)

Well, here we have proof that I'm knitting along on the 'Trade Sweater' for Sherryl. Can you believe I've never knit a sweater in Noro Kureyon? I'm loving it! This sweater has funky construction, with Dolman sleeves. First you knit this funny back piece, and then the garter stitch border, and finally, pick up stitches and knit in the round (hence the pattern name, Roundtrip). I'm thinking that if I like how it turns out, I may make myself one in the chunky weight version. But let's hold off on that decision until I make some more progress on this one.

Last night was my quilting class. I always have so much fun when I go there. Everyone makes such amazing things! One woman is making this paper pieced beach scene that is just amazing, and another is putting together her hand appliqued 30's print quilt! Of course, I didn't bring my camera. I'm still working on my Hibicus Quilt - which I'm VERY close to being done. I have all of the blocks cut out, and just need to finishing getting the flowers cut out and in place. This weekend is my quilting weekend in Portsmouth, NH. Pretty much the same cast of characters from my quilt class will be staying at an Inn together and quilting like crazy. Maybe I'll have a finished quilt by the end of the weekend!

And finally, I leave you a picture of the puppies. Well, do they really look like puppies anymore? Henry is taller than Abby by a bit, although he definitely needs to grow into those ears! Tomorrow is a bank holiday, and I think before I drive up to Portsmouth, I'm going to take these two for a nice long walk at Delaney Park as a treat.

8 comments:

said...

Yeah, puppies!! I know they aren't puppy age/size anymore, but they're still puppies!!

said...

Oh that sounds wonderful, a nice walk in a part. I'm supposed to go to the Art Museum with my MIL, but who knows maybe I can convince her for a nice dog walk instead.

Your pups are just way to cute, they should appear more often in your blog, okay just because I'm a dog-a-holic.

said...

Awww...they are so cute! Ok, the quilting bug has finally bit hard. I've pulled out my machine and have been reading all about quilting. Even picked up a magazine, but don't know what they are talking about most of the time. I think I'm going to take a class in January. Unlike knitting, I don't think I can teach myself how to quilt.

said...

Boxer puppies! I love boxer's they're so funny. Your 2 look so cute. And those ears are fabulous!

said...

The puppies are gorgeous, how lucky are they going for a nice walk in a lovely park. Your autumn leaves are a lovely touch in your photos, I wish we were in autumn again, just thinking of the hot hot weather makes me cringe. Summer is nice, but can be too hot. Autumn and Spring are my favourites.

said...

The puppies are adorable...

I am digging the construction on the trade sweater...and the color devine.

said...

Hi Pal: I am really interested in how the Noro will look in the sweater you are making. I have used Noro for some projects but never a sweater. My concern is the stripes going around and I am already round enough without adding more. :-) If I could figure out how to make the stripes go vertically then maybe we would be in business. I have seen some patterns where they are at an angle but I am not convinced yet. I do like Noro though. Have you ever used the Noro Silk. If feels very nice and they have some beautiful colors. The puppies are very beautiful. I love their cute faces. But then I love animals. I wanted to ask you did your original secret pal ever come through with anything? Because if she didn't, I would like to get working on another package for you. I know that she said she was going to mail things to you, but I haven't seen you post them on your blog, so ??. By the way, I used the Aura combined with Stained Glass and another time with Paris Nights and some mohair. I got a gift certificate from my LYS from some friends today, so I am looking forward to spending it. I am currently working on a baby blanket for my niece. Her baby is due in early January but I want to have this mailed out next week if possible so she can have it for her baby shower. She lives in Costa Rica so I have to allow about 10 days for it to get there. I wanted it completed before I got too heavily involved in the holiday season. I have to concentrate on gifts for all of our customers and have them all in the mail by the first week of December. Things are going to be busy. Let me know about your SP.
Have a great day, SP Angel

said...

Your doggles are PRECIOUS! Are they boxers?