Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Trade Sweater pictures

Well, this past weekend was really a lot of fun. Portsmouth is such a fun town! I, of course, forgot my camera, so I have no pictures whatsoever of the weekend. But - I will tell you that I finished not one, but TWO quilt tops. One is a crib sized quilt out of the fabrics that my Butterfly friends got me when they went on a trip to Patternworks. I wasn't able to go, so they got me a bag of scraps that made a pretty wonderful quilt. I also finished the Hibicus Quilt... and that is on it's way to the quilter as we speak. You will all have to wait for the 'finished' pictures, because a quilt always looks 1000 times better after it is quilted and the binding has been put on.

But, I have knitting news also! Here is some more progress on the Trade Sweater - it's finally starting to look like something! I took Monday off of work, and had one of those wonderful days when you never get out of your PJs. I didn't sleep in too late, and spent the whole day knitting and catching up on TIVO. Sigh. It was great! Anyway, I think you can see from the picture how the pattern works - you knit the edging, and attach it to the back, and then pick up stitches for the body. I was a little skeptical at first, but this is turning out to be a very fun sweater!

5 comments:

said...

Oh I love those days, I need another one of those days soon. I hate this time of year because everything goes wonky at work, holidays typically bring out the worse in people who are going through divorces.

Can't wait to see the guilts.

said...

Wow Ce Ce that looks fantastic, the Kureyon is striping up really well!! It looks lush!! I'm really looking forward to seeing how it finishes up. :-) Stripey

said...

I meant Cece of course not Ce Ce!!! :-)

said...

The sweater is starting to look like something really neat. I love the Noro yarn so I am waiting to see the finished project to really figure out how the pattern goes. I bet you would love the Noro Transitions yarn. It is lovely. I have been working on a baby blanket for my niece. I started with 100% acrylic and after it was about half way I decided I truly did not like the way it was looking. So, I switched gears and went back to the LYS and bought some baby alpaca in a pastel blue and I am enjoying that yarn so much more.
Have a great day. SPAngel 6

said...

Loving the colors on the trade sweater - nice work!