Monday, November 07, 2005

Cuteness

When I was cleaning out the yarn room, I found the pieces of this snowman sweater. Memories came rushing back. I had planned on making 2 of these, about 4 years ago, for my twin nieces as a Christmas present. I finished one, decided I hated intarsa and the embroidery crap, and stuck it in a plastic grocery bag along with the pattern. Fast forward 4 years.
I still wouldn't want to make another, but this one was found just in time to give to my very cute niece who turns 2 tomorrow. There were about a million end to weave in (I can't figure out what the heck I was doing - there was an end every 2 inches or so! WTF?!) And the snowman still needed his face, but that all took about 30 minutes. I threw it in the washer to get rid of the 'I've been in the closet for 4 years' smell, and viola! A handknit birthday present! The Yarn Harlot was right - there is a reason for UFOs - they just need to 'age' in the stash for a bit!

Can't give too many details on this one except the pattern: The Snowman, a Sirdar pattern, leaflet #4135. Looking at my notes, I must have made the 3-4 year size.

In other knitting news, Annie tagged me with this Meme:

What is your all time favorite yarn to knit with? That Goddess yarn that I knit the Tilted Jacket with is my favorite so far.
Your favorite needles? Addi turbos - circulars
The worse thing you've ever knit?Hmmm. I'll go with a cardigan I knit out of a cone of mystery cotton yarn. I knit it before I understood why length was so important. I kept on stretching it when I was measuring. I bet the total length was maybe 18 inches. Sigh. I gave it away to a significantly shorter friend.
Your most favorite knit pattern? (maybe you don't like wearing it but it was the most fun to knit) The Shoalwater Shawl. I wear it every once in a while - but I loved knitting it.
Most valuable knitting technique? Kitchner Stitch
Best knitting book or magazine? Interweave Knits
Your favorite knit-along? The Sockapallooza and Sockapaltwo. Those were a blast.
favorite knitblogs? Check out my bloglines - I like a bunch. Although those I've met through the Tribe and Chris and Rachel have become friends!
favorite knitwear designer? Beth Brown-Reinsel
The knit item that you wear the most. (how 'bout a picture of it?) Socks. I wear a pair of handknit wool socks pretty much every day.

And hey - if you feel the need to be tagged, go right ahead.

2 comments:

said...

Wow! I'm a friend? Yhanks, you don't know how much I needed that right now. Any puppy pictures?? Although I doubt he looks much a puppy now.

said...

Oh what a cute sweater, and how perfect that it was laying in a stash, just waiting for this occassion. I'm sure she will love it, that snowman is adorable.