Monday, October 24, 2005

62 days.

I was over reading the Yarn Harlot's blog. She made the point that Christmas is in 62 days.

In general, I am not one to freak out over Christmas knitting. I don't like to put unnecessary pressure on myself by deciding to do any Christmas knitting. Well, then this year came.

Remember the two trades that I have lined up? One is from JUNE to make a sweater for my friend Sherryl who, in turn, is going to crochet me a blanket. And then the latest, with my mother in law, means I need to get another sweater done by New Year's. The good news is that these sweaters are for little people. They aren't "Cece-sized" - so the amount of knitting isn't as huge as normal - but that is still 2 sweaters in a little over two months. Two sweaters that I haven't started yet.

Let's do the math. Between now and Christmas, there are 62 days. In those 62 days, let's say there is an average to 3 hours per day to knit. That is 186 hours. I'm going to guess that a sweater takes maybe, on average (cause these are smaller sweaters), 60 hours to make. It seems doable? Right?

Except you know that I will be distracted. I still have the Samus sweater to finish (but I'm almost done with the last sleeve - and then just the attached i-cord is left). And, after doing some cleaning of the yarn room (more to report on that later) I'm itching to reuse so yarn I had forgotten about. We'll see, but the freak out level maybe increasing. Fast.

2 comments:

said...

What about your class project. There is no mention of that.

said...

so sorry to say, but I'm so glad I'm not you! But you can do it, I have confidence in you, and if they aren't finished, give them half sweaters with the promise of the other half soon. :-)