Thursday, September 15, 2005

Happy Feet

Today, there are going to be happy feet everywhere! First, I have finally finished the Bar-8 socks out of the Wildfoote yarn my SP5 sent me. These socks took the longest of any pair of socks I have ever knit! I think I started making them in June? I finished the first sock on July 4th weekend. Although, I didn't really concentrate on these, as they were my carry around knitting. Doing cabling on size one needles was a challenge. I'm glad I preserver though, as the finished product is great. Of course, I stayed up late last night to finish the toe so I could wear them to work today.

And wear them to work I did - with my NEW PURPLE CLOGS. How awesome are these shoes? I have 4 pair of shoes that I wear. 2 are Doc Marten's and the other 2 are Birkenstocks (mostly because hand knit socks fit perfectly in them). I've been looking around for years for a perfect pair of purple shoes, and I have finally found them. Don't they just look perfect with the new socks? It's making me smile!

And, the final bit of happy feet - I'm sending out my Sockapaltwoza socks today. I can't wait to see if she likes what I made (and of course, to see what someone knit me!). Remember - my pal didn't give any color or design preference, so we'll see if the Heatwave Socks out of Cherry Tree Hill Glitz are too over-the-top. I hope that they are just right.

In home news, Aaron and I did a lot of work last night on the hallway and stairwell. The ceilings are all painted, and we've got a coat of primer up. There are some places that need a little work, but maybe we'll have color up on the walls for my birthday party on Sunday. We have about 20 people coming over, I think!

One annoying thing is that Aaron may actually have to work on my birthday. It's on SUNDAY people! (As I type this, can a really complain? I worked 6 full weekends this summer) The project that he is working on is totally behind, and apparently his office doesn't care that he is taking Mon - Weds off work. He and I have barely had more than 2 weekends this summer to play - between my work and his, and I was really looking forward to spending the time together. Sigh. Hopefully he will get something worked out today!

6 comments:

said...

those are such pretty socks, no wonder your feet are so happy, and then to have the perfect pair of shoes for them to go into. You'd better watch out, your feet my spontaneously start doing a jig.

I've gotta get myself some clogs. They'd be perfect for winter fancy sock wearing.

said...

What great socks! I'm your Sockapaltwoza pal and I'll be sending out your socks tomorrow. I hope you enjoy them!

said...

I love the corporate-vp-with-purple-birks-and-gorgeous-handknit-socks look. Of course, that look with no pants, well. That's a career-builder for ya. ;)

I hope you guys get some play time soon. M/C weather won't be around for long...

said...

No fair! How unfamily friendly. Hope it turns out for the best. I know where you are coming from due to Hubster's work schedule.

said...

Those are awesome socks Cece! Bless you for havin' the patience to work with size 1 needles, with cables no less. They are perfect with those shoes. Love 'em.

said...

Love the socks, LOVE the shoes, whoo hoo re your birthday party! Tho a pox on Alan's work if they make him work ;)
sara
saraterry@gmail.com
www.glbt-knit.com/saras