Monday, August 11, 2008

My own Olympics

I know loads of people over the knitting world have signed up for a bunch of challenges over the duration of the Summer Olympics. I just didn't get things together in time, with work being so insane... but I love the Summer Olympics with a white hot passion. When I was in high school and college, I rowed crew, swam and played water polo - all of which are summer Olympic sports. I could sit for 14 hours a day and watch everything. Love. It.


In the meantime, for the last few week, I've been hearing a little squeek from my yarn room from this project.... the Cabled Wrap. I started this in April of 2007. I pulled it out and worked on it again this spring. My big problem is that I'm having trouble deciding if I will actually wear the thing... and it's a lot of work. But the yarn is beautiful, and the cables are fun. I'm within finishing 'distance' on this one - so it's my personal Olympic challenge:


This wrap is knit in 2 rectangles - one is 54 inches long, and the other 36". Then you sew them together, and voila! A pretty wrap. I'm at 46" inches on the big bit... so I have a feeling we'll have a winner in a few weeks! I think something else that is helping me push to the finish with this is that if I decide I don't like it - it's totally going to be my Mother's Christmas present.


1 comments:

said...

I've competed in 4 of the 5 FINA sports (swim, synchronized swim, open water swim, and water polo), so I LOVE the summer olympics!