Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Introducing Serendipity

I finished up my January STR socks yesterday....

I loved knitting these! Just what I was looking for, and the colors are great. I made the largest size, knitting on size 0 DPNS.

Of course, now, I'm sockless. I'm tempted to cast on for another pair of socks, but I think I should wait for my Flock Club SOTM kit. The first pattern is the Firebird that I know I'm going to want to dive into the second it gets here. To complicate matters, this weekend, I did buy new sock yarn:

Which a good pal pointed out would be absolutly perfect for these socks that are in the new spring IK:
Therefore, my current sock plan is to finish up my nerd socks, while I wait for the Spring IK to arrive at my doorstep. I'll start the Twisted Tulip socks as I wait for the Firebirds to arrive. And, persumably, drop the Tulip socks like a hot potato once the Firebird kit arrives. That way, I'll knock off something from my Mission Possible list, and give myself not just ONE but TWO awesome pairs of socks on the horizon.

But not be 'sockless' until then. Because that would be a freaking tragedy.

6 comments:

said...

your "serendipitys" came out most lovely. you got the stripes going on the large...super amazing. love 'em!

said...

Love the heel stripes! And I can't wait to see what you cast on next...

said...

Those look fabulous. And I love the new socks from the Spring IK. Now I can't wait for my copy to arrive either!

said...

I love your Serendipity's! My first one came out like that, too! My second one? no....

But thanks also for posting this photo of upcoming sock excitement in IK Spring; those are GORGEOUS. Geez--you know, I could knit socks all day every day and not cease to be excited. So lovely...

said...

Your socks are always so awesome. I knit thru the first heel and had major gaps on one side. I don't think I am doing the w&t correctly.

said...

lovely socks.