Sunday, August 12, 2007

More Socks!

I know. You are all SHOCKED that I'm knitting socks. Well, what can I say. Here is pair 11, finished! These are the previously mentioned Red Dwarf socks. This is another great pattern - the lace patterning on both the instep and the back of the leg are very easy to memorize. I would definitely recommend these as a good foray into toe up lace sock knitting. I used 1.5 skeins of the Lorna's Laces, and knit these on size 2 circs. The only change I made to the pattern was that I did a sewn bind of (a la EZ) instead of the one called for in the pattern. I found it way too tight.

I found this GREAT self-striping yarn in my stash - I totally don't remember buying it! But I love it! I looked in Sensational Knitted socks, in the section for ideas for self striping yarn - and found this great chevron pattern. I'm really having a lot of fun making these:
It's been a long while since I've knit with 'commercial' sock yarn - so it's fun to be using it again. And the chevron is enough of a pattern that I'm not bored. ETA: I just ripped this whole sock out. Cue the music. Wah wah wah.... they were way too snug around the ankle. I could get them over - but I love this yarn so much I don't want them to just be 'ok' socks. Heavy Sigh. Starting over again. Same pattern, more stitches.

As many commented on my last major sock update, I did need to start another 'plain vanilla' sock - if just to have something to knit when in the movie theater! Aaron and I went to see The Bourne Ultimatum this weekend, so I cast on for this sock:
This is yarn that I received from Adam in the Dye-o-rama last summer! I absolutely LOVE these colors and the neat little stripes that it's making!

I'm off to Chicago for a whole week for work tomorrow morning. Yuck. But - it'll give me a lot of knitting time. Both new pair of socks, plus the second brioche sock will be making the trip.

3 comments:

said...

That's a lot of socks. Good for you!

ljh

said...

LOVE both the new yarns - I'm thinking you'll make the 17 pairs thing :)

said...

I was only just thinking while updating my blog that the sock yarn I have would be good to knit when summer comes around, something small but not to hot to be knitting. All your socks look great.