Thursday, February 07, 2008

Meh

Yesterday, I was in a bit of a knitting slump. After finishing my socks, I knew I had a ton of WIPs to go back to. For a bit, I worked on my nerd socks, but plain stockinette socks were doing nothing for me. Then I picked up my Kauni. Then I thought maybe I'd work on some punchneedle.... and then maybe my secret knitting..... here is the carnage next to my knitting chair!
I would work on one for a bit, and just not want to do it, you know what I mean? And then it hit me. Miles of garter stitch using STR heavyweight. Yes. Perfect.
I'm now on the 4th panel on my Moderne Log Cabin Blanket. Who knows how long this love affair with garter stitch will last... but if I'm ever going to finish this blanket in my lifetime, I've got to seize the love when I can!

3 comments:

said...

But garter stitch is soooo soothing. Almost like chanting a mantra for me.

said...

It will be so beautiful when you finish, but miles of garter is boring.

said...

I have days like that too. It bugs me because I really want to be knitting, but nothing feels right. I am so glad you are coming to camp!

I tagged you for an award. :) You'll have to stop by to see it.