Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Sci-Fi Baby Sweater

Aaron and I are in the process of making a baby in what I jokingly call a Sci-Fi way (IVF). Aaron corrected me and said it's just Sci. No fiction here! He cracks me up. So - while I wait to see if the two little embryos stick, I am, of course, knitting baby items.

This is Trellis, from Knitty. I used Filatura Di Crosa Primo and size 5 needles. The last time I made this sweater, I didn't like the drape (too flimsy)... of course this time it seems pretty dense. But I like that better - it's more of a jacket than a sweater. Here is the reason that I call it my Sci-Fi sweater:
You may need to click to make it bigger to actually see - but each button has a scene from a 50's Sci-Fri movie! I think it's awesome.

I need to remember, if I'm ever tempted to make this sweater a third time, that it's kind of a pain in the ass to assemble. But the results are pretty sweet.

8 comments:

said...

It's totally a great sweater, and I love the buttons. FX FX FX and sticky vibes to you

said...

The sweaters are great!

Fingers are crossed for you.

said...

That sweater is totally sweet.

said...

My Olympic Trellis is still in pieces, waiting for me to work up the gumption to unpick the wonky sleeve seam I put in and somehow manage to do it right. Yours is beautiful! I will use it as inspiration.

said...

Just beautiful, love the colour. Good luck and best wishes with the sci..... I can't wait to read that you are pregnant.

said...

That is a beautiful sweater!!! I hope that we will soon be reading that you are PG!! My thoughts and crossed fingers are with you guys.

said...

Love the sweater. I'm excited for you and sending good thoughts your way.

said...

Hi!! from the preggo boards, Thanks for the comment on my blog, how cool! I've started this sweater and have only made it to the first front piece, its for my niece and I made the size specifically so she can gift it back to be for my baby on the way :0) I can't believe you've made it twice, wow!