Thursday, November 15, 2007

My New Obsession.

On Tuesday, my yarn came from Briar Rose Fibers. Ohhhhhhh how I love it. I dropped all other knitting like yesterday's news, and started on my Icarus Shawl. I'm obviously up sizing the needles called for (I'm using size 6) - since I'm going from lace weight yarn to worsted weight. But the colors! It's a red/pink/purple sort of color with shots of an awesome green thrown in:
Yeah, that picture isn't doing it justice. I've been knitting on this like a woman obsessed. I need to think of something else other than the big question (did this IVF cycle work?)... so I got this idea in my head that I could wear this shawl to Thanksgiving dinner. To dress it up a bit, I even ordered a shawl pin from Yarn Overs (reviewed here by Grumperina) to go with it.

knitknitknitknit.

Tonight I'm going over to a knit buds house to eat Chinese food, knit and catch up on Dexter. I freaking LOVE that show!

3 comments:

said...

Me too! I only watched this season's opening show and it was good. Do you DVR it?

said...

Those colors are beautiful. In your shoes I too would be knitting wildly.

said...

Gorgeous colors! I love Dexter too - we've been watching all of them recently trying to get caught up.