Monday, July 10, 2006

Back to work : (

They say that all good things must come to an end.... and so too must my vacation. Sigh. I did do a bunch of fun things:

1. Did some sewing
2. Went for 2 back to back long walks (18 miles and 15 miles) and survived!
3. Went swimming in the ocean
4. Played with my 2 1/2 year old niece and 9 week old nephew
5. Let my hair down and had WAY to much to drink
6. Bought yarn
7. And of course, knitting!

I don't have pictures of the first 6, but I of course have pictures of the knitting. First - I finished the baby sweater for Aaron and my new nephew:



Unfortunately, you can't see the super cute buttons I found - little fishbowls with a goldfish in them! So sweet! This is Trellis from Knitty - and I'd make it again - although I don't know what the hell my problem was with knitting it. I made 4 huge mistakes while making the right front that forced me the rip out to the armhole shaping (including, at one point, forgetting the armhole shaping). And then, when I was sewing it together, attached the wrist of the sleeve to the shoulder of the sweater! Augh.

And in other baby knitting news.... I was in my yarn room fondling some of my Webs purchases (to be shown another day), and I noticed all of my leftover sock yarn. So I took out my 50 Baby Booties to knit book, and experimented with how much yarn to takes to make a little baby sock.



Not that much yarn at all! And I even tried these on our little 9 week old nephew, and they fit! I'm definitely making more of these to stockpile for little baby shower presents.

Ok - gotta go to work. At least it is a nice day and I can take my motorcycle.

10 comments:

said...

love them both may have to make some stuff to stockpile after I get over the orders.

said...

Boo to ends of vacations. I have to go back to work today too ;-(
Riding sounds nice though!

The Trellis sweater is adorable.

said...

Trellis is wonderful ... I love the buttons (which are visible if I click on the picture).

Baby socks = the perfect way to use up sock ends. The purpley ones are fabbo.

said...

Trellis is great. And I love the baby socks! I have that book but didn't remember anything about plain ole socks. Going to have to look for that now.

said...

Do you have any trouble making such small booties? I find my hands seem to grow too large to manage the needles. Do you use dp kneedles? Love the trellis sweater - looks an awful lot like one I'm making right now (from your Rowan book). I'm so upset I couldn't join you for Webs.

said...

Trellis sure is sweet, and it matches my new favorite sandals! Orange is good.
I am also back from vacation, although some would say I don't work. But motherhood is a job, just not always a career!

said...

Adorable kid knits, CeCe! I can't believe those teeny tiny socks fit a real baby! Wow!

said...

Both knits look good. Too bad there's no photo of #5...

said...

Sounds like a fabulous vacation Cece. Trellis looks amazing, I'm going to have to remember that pattern for future baby knits.

said...

The Trellis cardigan is beautiful the colour is so bright and summery. The socks are so cute, they look so tiny.