Tuesday, August 21, 2007

My hands hurt.

Yesterday, for the first time in a while, my hands were hurting from knitting. I think the culprit is the Chevron sock. I've been knitting on it constantly for about a week, on size 0 needles with 88 stitches.

But isn't it coming out great?

I was going to take a break from sock knitting all together, and cast on for another Trellis, but then started thinking about the amount of time I have until the bet ends (one month) and the amount of socks to go (5 finished pairs*) and got back on the wagon. I cast on for a pattern called Denmark with some medium weight STR and size 1 dpns:

This is another "Rare Gem", and I love it! This is the Rare Jem that all club members got as a gift at the end of the year - so it was like a 'grab bag' for me. I don't think I would have picked it for myself (all the green) but as usual, once I started knitting it up - I really started liking it.

Another thing - why it took me so long to start knitting up the patterns in Nancy Bush's Knitting on the Road is beyond me. This is SUCH a pretty pattern. I love to way she is always sure that the ribbing flows right into the patterning - and this pattern has cute little 'nupps' at the top.

* The good news about the 5 finished pairs is that I'm down to the heel turn on pairs 13 (the new Denmark sock) and 14 (the new plain vanilla sock), and as you can see, I'm making may way to the heel on the Chevron sock, which will be pair 15.

6 comments:

said...

OMG, that colorway is so pretty! Of course those are totally my colors.

88 sts? Unless your feet are considerably bigger than mine, I've finally met my tight-knitting match. (96 sts in Trekking and st st.)

said...

Denmark is one of my favorite patterns. It looks lovely in that yarn ....

said...

You're really going to make it! At the end of the bet you should take a picture of all 17 pairs together. I've really enjoyed watching you work your way through this challenge and now I'm sure you're going to do it.

said...

well, that settles it... you are just going to have to learn to knit with your feet. c'mon, all the cool kids are doing it!

said...

sorry cece shouldn't comment when drunk...hehehe.

shit must go to bed soon, although that laying down and head on pillow will be too much. can;t knit like this would really stuff it up.

said...

well why I am drunck... shit that is not how you spell drunk oh who cares. We are planning a USA trip in 2009 but I think the furthest we are going it wyoming or colorado? starting at vegas and ending in vegas with utah, and around west then los angles to see mexico and hollywood, car and biking it for 34 days, I know we will be doing sturgis but the week before sturgis starts. if that makes sense. I guess you are pretty far from that area???? Pretty good for being a bit too drunk.,