Sunday, August 19, 2007

Recliner Socks!

I finally got back to my Brioche Socks...the weather here this weekend was very cool - in the 60s! So - my feet were chilly, and made me think I'd better get my butt in gear and finish up these socks. Like I've mentioned before - these are more 'slipper' socks than wearing outside socks - but I love them! Plus - look how nice they match with my recliner:


Details:

Pattern: Brioche Socks by JC Briar, I did te medium size

Yarn: STR Mediumwieght, Little Bunny Foo Foo and Mudslide (I think?)

Needles: Size 0 DPNS

I had a lot of trouble when I first started these - but as I mentioned before, I actually called the designer and she walked me through it. The finished sock is a perfect compliment to the STR - it's a wonderfully 'sproingy' feel. And I love the way the contrasting yarn peeks out of the ribbing.

This is pair 12! 5 pairs to finish up in 4.5 weeks. Phew.

Oh - and while I was knitting socks? Aaron was installing our new tongue and groove ceiling in the porch:

The socks approve.

2 comments:

said...

Those look so snug! You're right, the cool weather is inspirational. (I think it's supposed to get hot again this weekend, though.)

said...

Socks are nice, you should breeze it in with having them all done in 4.5 weeks. The ceiling looks great the way it is done, what a lovely room it is going to be.