Thursday, May 03, 2007

1 out of 17

A comment from Aaron over dinner tonight:


"So, 17 pairs of socks in 17 weeks? I bet you couldn't do it in 20!"


Heh. Well, here is pair #1, done in a week:


Details:

Grasshopper Socks, STR SOTM.

Needles, size 1 Susan Bates DPNs. Started April 26th, finished May 3rd.

So - this is my first pair of toe up socks in about 5 years. Of course, newish skill - so I didn't LOVE it... but it wasn't horrible. What I will say, is that they fit PERFECTLY (I did the large size) and the yarn!? They feel absolutely wonderful on my feet. I'm totally wearing these to work tomorrow. With Birkenstocks....

Another home run by Tina and the Blue Moon Gals!!

Time to cast on for pair #2! And #3.... more details on that tomorrow.

9 comments:

said...

Okay, you are starting to scare me!

said...

very nice!! I started mine yesterday and am loving them so far!

said...

they look great!

said...

You go! those look great.

said...

What does Aaron have to do if you come through in 17 weeks (or even 20)? He should have to give you daily foot rubs for 17 weeks in return for doubting his wife's awesome knitting powers - you do hold the award for the state champion's fastest knitter.

said...

Those are lovely! I can't wait to get started on mine. Good luck with you sock a week knitting.

said...

what a great looking pair of socks, great photo also
you are some knitter.

said...

Wow! Sock On! I've not started my grasshoppers, but am glad to hear that they will be as good as I have imagined them to be. What pair are you working on next week?

said...

is it just going to be grownup sized socks, or tiny ones, too?

you crazy!!!