Saturday, September 16, 2006

Circle of friends (and family) Quilt

**WARNING PICTURE HEAVY POST*

Over a year ago, my knitting pals went on a trip to Keepsake Quilting. They decided to go on a weekend when I was trapped at work, and as a little 'we are sorry your job sucks' present, got me a grab bag of very colorful scrap fabrics.

I was able to make a pretty awesome quilt out of just those scraps. The only thing I need to add was the black and white fabric, and the fabric I used as the binding.



And another view:


A close up of the handquilting that my Grandmother did!

Then, I was having so much fun making this, I even pieced the back:


And one parting shot:



Maybe the reason I'm not pregnant yet is that all the babies up in heaven are fighting for who gets to come down and get all the cute baby stuff?! LOL. Hope you are all having a fun weekend, I know I am.

10 comments:

said...

Oh your quilt is so beautiful!! It is stunning!!!

said...

Cece you did it again, another FO for the list. That is very pretty. You have some very nice friends.

said...

That is a beautiful quilt and so special with some work done by your grandmother. Any baby will be in a very special home with you, not to mention the best dressed in hand knit wear and warmest in beautiful quilts.

said...

Ok, that's it, I'll never show a bit of quilting on by blog again ... yours is just too beautiful.

said...

Happy Birthday Cece, I hope you have/had a great day.

said...

Happy Day and it's beautiful!!!!

said...

Cece -

Can you please contact me? I've lost your mailing address! (I'm your Lace Swap Partner.)

Caroline
claudig12atyahoodotcom

said...

I'm totally amazed by this quilt, it's truly stunning! What a fantastic job you did - I so love these bright and cheerful colors!

said...

Wow! That quilt is amazing!!

said...

Happy Birthday Cece!!

That quilt is AwEsOmE!