Monday, September 18, 2006

They say it's my birthday....

And Happy Birthday to me!!!

Tee hee. I love my birthday, and this year is no different. I've have lots of fun this weekend - starting with Friday night, and my pals over for dinner (a few were missing, but I'll survive). I got some fun yarny presents:



Blue Heron yarn from Amanda. I can't even explain how wonderful this yarn is - it is soft and sparkling.... she also bought a skein for herself, so we are going to do some sort of 'along' when we decide on a pattern.

Susan gave me the most wonderful Hanna Falkenberg kit! It's for Lascala:



The colors are bright and wonderful. It's all garter stitch and slip stitch...and it's just perfect.

Saturday, my mom was visiting. So we went out to breakfast, and then watched Aaron's soccer team OBLITERATE their main rivals. 4 - 0. It was awesome. Then, mom and I had a nice afternoon tea at the Tea Pot Tea room. After that, we came home and spent the rest of the weekend working on the house (cleaning rugs, organizing closets, cleaning my desk) - it was worth it because....

This morning Aaron gave me my present - an entire spa day! I'm starting off my day at 10 AM, using the jacuzzi tub and sauna. I then move onto a 'deluxe' facial, lunch, a 'deluxe' massage, and finally an herbal wrap. He told me not to make plans for today - but I was thinking it was because he was taking the day off with me. Now, not that I don't love spending time with my husband, but seriously, Yipppeeeee!!!

I'm off to Chicago for work tomorrow and Weds....see you guys in a few days.

15 comments:

said...

Happy Birthday!! What great presents, especially the spa day!! Quenn for a day!!!

said...

Happy Birthday! The spa day sounds yummy and the gifts looked enticing! I'm glad it was so much fun!

said...

Happy, happy birthday!

said...

Sounds like you are well on your way to a wonderful birthday! Enjoy!

said...

HAPPY B-DAY! You deserve the princess treatment :)

And I WANT that scarf. OMG, that is just simply gorgeous. I wants. PLEASE post a FO pic of that one.

said...

happy happy birthday - what a fabulous one!

said...

Happy belated birthday to you - I wish you all the best, may all your dreams come true in this new year of yours!
And awww, the yarn goodies you received! I'm looking forward to seeing Lascala, it'll be so gorgeous!
Have a good time in Chicago - how I wish I could be there now too and watch the training camp games of the Blackhawks! ;)

said...

Happy Birthday!! I love the Lascala. Can't wait to see you cast on for it.

said...

I'm a little late but thinking of you and your birthday none-the-less.

said...

Happy Birthday!!

said...

happy birthday Cece hope you enjoy the pamper day.

said...

Happy Birthday a day late Cece!
Sorry those socks weren't for you ;-(

said...

Happy belated birthday! What wonderful presents.

said...

Happy birthday plus one day! Have a great time in chicago, and if you make it to loop go around the corner and check out printer's row. VERY cool.

said...

That scarf would go great with this shirt or mug on your birthday next year! It would look wonderful and everyone would be extra special nice to you because they know it is your birthday.

http://www.cafepress.com/unclefrog/1685315