Monday, May 01, 2006

Wiped out!

God, this weekend was just one of the most tiring weekends that we have had in a long time. I did do some knitting, but my camera battery died. So, I will entertain you with pictures of my co-workers baby in the sweater I made her. Yes, super cute baby sweater made months ago to distract you from missing current knitting. But LOOK. HOW. CUTE!


Friday night was a blast... we had a bunch of our friends over to knit, eat and look (and buy, if they wanted) Amanda's beadwork. She really has done some beautiful stuff, and I managed to get myself 6 pairs of earrings! I stopped wearing earrings when I starting riding my motorcycle. This year, I realized that I could just put the earrings in my bag, or even pocket while I was riding... and then put them back on after I took off my helmet. Der.

Saturday, I had a 6 mile walk to do (felt wonderful the whole time), Aaron had a soccer game to coach, and we did some work on the 2 bedrooms that we have been working on for over a month. We are so close to being finished - just need to finish up the floors. But so many people have been visiting, we just haven't had time to get in there. We did a small amount of work, but had a family party to attend on Saturday night - so stopped early.

Sunday morning, I got up early and did another longish (5 mile) walk, got home and worked with Aaron all day to get those floors installed and sanded . We worked for 12 hours straight, and finished (after too much bullshit to even mention here) and fell into bed at 11 PM, totally exhausted.

I'm going to need the week at work to recover from my weekend! Stay tuned, tomorrow - pictures of a new and beautiful FO.

5 comments:

said...

Home improvement projects sure can be exhausting. I'll bet your glad to go back to work today so you can rest!

said...

I bet the floors look great!

said...

AWWWWWWW. How cute! The baby is cute, too...

said...

Aww very cute, but you know I had to look several times to figure out if that was a real baby, she's so perfect she looks almost fake!

said...

That is such a cute baby, I had to look a couple of times to realise it was a real baby and not a doll.