Thursday, April 06, 2006

April Project Spectrum

Well, I'm going to have to admit that this month's project spectrum isn't too much of a stretch for me. Orange is ALL over my house. And, Aaron just finished putting the first coat of yellow on our guest room last night:


OK - that picture doesn't capture the real color at all. It's a very nice, 'candlelight' yellow. And will go perfectly with the new quilt - once we get the floor done in there!

As I was walking back to the office, I was able to snap 2 more quick orange pictures. The first is of some yarn my friend Rebekah sent me.... which I will be casting on for the Feather and Fan shawl out of A Gathering Of Lace with (sometime this month):
And then, I turned to my 'wall of yarn', and took a quick shot of this cube:

Now - I will admit, that although I do love the color orange, I rarely, if ever knit with it. OR wear it. And yellow - yeah - yellow makes this blond girl look VERY sickly. So, for the yellow part of the month, I'm thinking socks. But when I have more time, I'll give you all an Orange 'tour' of my house!


3 comments:

said...

I'm not a big fan of yellow myself, but I'm wierdly drawn in by orange, even though I rarely wear it.

said...

Wearing orange makes me look like a corpse - so I don't own anything orange. Some of the orange yarn is absolutely gorgeous, mostly because it's not viewed next to me. I'd go with orange socks, or a decorative pumpkin - all set for next fal.

said...

Orange is probably not a color I should wear, but then things like that rarely stop me - hehe.