Thursday, April 27, 2006

No more guests.

Yesterday, my mother left. She was staying with us for a few days while she was in the area for a seminar. As I was driving around doing errands last night, I realized something. We have had a family member staying in our house for 13 out of the past 19 days. I declare this hotel CLOSED.

I haven't been doing too much knitting this week, but I was able to get to go to my quilting/sewing class last night. I was only able to stay an hour (since I had banjo lessons) but I was able to whip up three of the four presents I'm making for Mother's Day:

Easy, 'pillowcase' type shawls (like the first one I made) out of beautiful embossed velvet fabric I got at Portsmouth Fabric. I think that they'll be a big hit!

This morning I did a nice 5 mile walk before I came into work - and it finally felt great the whole walk. No shin splints, just a nice 'wake up' walk around town. And - all this walking is paying off - I've lost 8 pounds!
Tomorrow night, I'm having a little party at my house - a few knitting friends are coming over... maybe I'll get to work on the DFS a bit.

7 comments:

said...

Those scarves are gorgeous! And congrats on the weight loss!

said...

Good for you! I've been inspired this week and I've joined the Y.

said...

Wow 8 pounds great! Keep up the good work.

said...

way to go on the walking. i am having trouble just finding a few spare moments at a time. today's chore, trying to walk while waiting for kid soccer practice. wish me luck!

said...

congrats on the mileage and weight loss!

said...

Sigh! The things you can do without kids!

(No really -I shouldn't say that because you can make time for anything if you really want to do it enough - I should have said the things you can do if you are not 8plus months pregnant!! I'll be out with the pram ASAP after she's born.)

It looks loke you had a FUN!! time at harlot and your shawls look really good. Sometimes sewing is a tiny bit faster than knitting....lol
:-) Stripey

said...

"This morning I did a nice 5 mile walk before I came into work - and it finally felt great the whole walk"-Good for you, Cece.

It mirrors my own Friday mornings. Yep. I could right something like "This morning I watched Noah get on the bus and then pulled the covers up and fell asleep reading a novel until my friend Karen called and we met for lunch and then I went home and took a little cat nao to fortfy me before the kids came home...." Oh,maybe I should just shut up and walk.