Friday, May 05, 2006

Runway Shots!

Reporting from the runways of Milan....

Ok. Not really. But I got Aaron to snap some shots of me in the completed Diamond Fantasy Shawl, as promised. I wore jeans for the picture - because that is mostly how I see myself wearing this shawl - the 'homespun' look of the Rowanspun makes this rather fancy shawl at home with a pair of jeans! And I love the color.

First - in all it's glory:


The front (I like the size of this shawl - not too small like some. It really covers my shoulders).


And another close up:

Details:
Pattern: Diamond Fantasy Shawl
Needles: Size 4 Susan Bates
Yarn: Rowanspun
Started: March 3rd - Finished April 30th

I rarely say this - but I would make another one of these! In a fancier yarn. Maybe like Cara did for the wedding she just went too.

TGIF!

12 comments:

said...

Well, if you really want to make another one.....June 11....I'm just saying.

said...

It looks beautiful - love the color and it's perfect with jeans. And you look great, Cece. All that walking is paying off.

said...

It's gorgeous ... you look really good in bright colors.

said...

It is so beautiful! I'd love to knit one with beads like Cara did.

said...

It looks great, I just love the color.

said...

Hmmmm, wouldn't weigh much in postage, to Wollongong ;)

said...

I love the colour, it looks fantastic with your jeans, the apple-y sharpness with the denimy jeans ( is denimy a word???)

said...

your blog is rejecting my comments. i have commented that your shawl rocks. totally. and to 2paw: denimy is a word as much as apple-y is. :) i would also accept denimous, or denimoid. jeansy might be lame, though.

said...

The shawl is beautiful I love the colour, which seems to be the colour in your yard, spring has really sprung there with all that new growth.

said...

Man, that is one beautiful shawl. Wonderful job.

said...

Beautiful! I love the pattern, as you know, and I think yours looks great. The color is fantastic!

said...

I really like the pattern it is certainly lovely I can see it being used for even a formal gown occasion.

your work is certianly wonderfull