Thursday, May 04, 2006

Mission Accomplished

Well, here she is! The completed black baby sweater:



This pattern is AWESOME! It makes me want my own top down roll neck sweater. As I mentioned before, it's the Baby Pullover #214 from Knitting Pure and Simple. The pattern called for heavy worsted weight, but I used chunky instead... so the smallest size knit up to the 18 month size with the change in gauge. When you finish, you are done. Only ends to weave in, no seams whatsoever.

This morning I went for my longish (5 miles) Thursday walk, and thankfully it felt great. Tuesday, it was raining here... so I used my friend's treadmill. It was absolute torture. I walked 3 miles on the damn thing, and my shins were SCREAMING the whole time. I don't know what the difference is - but I can walk outside comfortably, and at the exact same pace, but on that treadmill, I was in a lot of pain. Needless to say, rain or shine, I'm walking outside from now on!

And yes - the sun is shining, but my photographer (AKA Aaron) wasn't home this morning, so no shawl pictures. Tomorrow, I promise!

8 comments:

said...

I love that sweater! I want one in my size - let me know if you ever find adult equivalent.

said...

I knew you would finish on time! You are the KNITTER!!!

The mom is going to love that sweater. Great job.

said...

SUCCESS! Finished AND adorable! Who could ask for more! And, I'm assuming that there were VERY few ends to weave in- fabulous!

said...

Yikes! That was fast and it's lovely. Can't wait to soak up some color with you soon!

said...

Very, Very cute!

said...

Very nice, is the pattern hard doing it from the neck down.

said...

You rock! And you knit fast! Very cute little sweater.

said...

Great Baby Jumper!! Doesn't baby wool come in such boring soppy colours!! I love your Diamond Fantasy Shawl!!! It's beautiful!!!