Friday, May 26, 2006

Long Weekend!

Yippee! I'm pretty excited for this upcoming long weekend (and I extended it even more by taking Tuesday as a vacation day). Aaron and I have lots of work planned around the house, but I figure there will also be time in there for knitting and maybe sewing! Thought I'd post a list, since those are fun to reconcile with after the weekend is over. The biggest areas we'll be tackling are the 2 bedrooms we have been working on since March. We've fixed the walls, the floors and now we are onto the finishing work.

So - here is the list:

Inside:
- paint the trim in the bedrooms
- paint the bedroom doors
- spackel and paint closets in bedrooms
- make valences for windows in guest room
- install shades and valances in guest room
- shampoo carpets
- laundry (!!!)
- organize yarn room
- organize desk
- clean up porch
- finish Father's day quilt for dad

Outside:
- weed
- plant flowers and flowerboxes
- trim bushes

Fun:
- knit on the Marmalade Jacket
- go for 6 mile walk Saturday, 5 mile walk Sunday
- Go see X-Men movie
- Go to banjo jam at Mockingbird Music

It'll be interesting to see how much of this I actually get done!

6 comments:

said...

Sounds ambitious! I can help with items 1, 2, 3, 5, and of course my favorite 7 & 8. See you monday.

said...

My bad - I meant 8&9 - the organizing.

said...

That's definitely a long list you have there! I hope you have a great weekend!

I sent you a package yesterday so please watch for it in the mail.

I also joined the Blue Moon Fiber Arts Sock Club and I'm still working on the Cedar Creek socks too. Hopefully, I'll get those done so I can start working on the Fairgrounds yarn.

-Your Tea Swap Pal

said...

Wow, that's quite the list! Hope your weekend is wonderful.

said...

gee and i thought i had a busy weekend

said...

I'm such a slacker...time to crawl back under the covers