Thursday, May 11, 2006

Dye-O-Rama Meme

No new knitting news to report... Although I did finally finish putting the binding on the second of the twin quilts I made for my Mother. I wanted to get it done for Mother's Day - as she is visiting. Making two of the exact same quilts is even worse than second sock syndrome - so I'm glad I'm done with those.

On to the meme:

Specific to this swap:
Your favorite colors? I love purple. Love love love. But, I also love BRIGHT blue, orange, and red. I like green, but only a spring green... no kelly green or olive green.
Preferred yarn weight (Fingering, Sport, DK, maybe even Worsted)? Not to picky - so long as there is enough to make something (a pair of socks or mittens or a hat)
Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? Multicolored
If your buddy is able to do so, would you like a variegated, self-striping, or self-patterning yarn? Wow. If my buddy is smart enough to do self striping of self-patterning - I would be TOTALLY impressed.
Would you be interested in a wool blend sock yarn (nylon, tencel, silk, acrylic, alpaca, etc.)? If it's really sock yarn - it has to be total superwash - as anything socks make will get thrown in the washer/dryer.
Imagine the perfect colorway. What would you name it? Color Explosion.
What was the biggest appeal to you for joining this dye-along? Force myself to use all the dying stuff I've bought but haven't used yet.
General yarn/fiber questions:
Have you dyed yarn/fiber before? No
If so, what’s your favorite dye and method?
Do you spin? No
Have you knit socks before? Um, only all the time
Do you use sock yarn for just socks or in other patterns too? In other patterns too, for sure.
What are some of your favorite yarns? Opal, Cherry Tree Hill, Lorna's Laces, Socks That Rock.
What yarn do you totally covet? Do I have to pick one?
Favorite patterns? LOVED the Diamond Fantasy Shawl. Also love the Marmalade jacket - I should get back to that.
Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? An angora crewneck cardigan.
Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? Circulars.... but I like all kinds. Depends on what I'm knitting.
If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? Probably Cascade 220. It comes in so many different colors, and you can use it for loads of fun projects - but also your basic, plain old vanilla sweater. Like me - I do lots of fun and surprising things, but I'm also a run of the mill gal.
Nothing to do with knitting/yarn/fiber in any way but seemed kinda fun:
Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? Chocolate. (Maybe not so mailable in the warmer months)
What’s your favorite animal? Love dogs especially Boxers!) and sheep make me smile.
Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages? 2 Boxer dogs, Henry (1 year) and Abby (5 years).
If you were a color what color would you be? Purple
Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else’s)..I have this fun, flowery, pink and orange and green flowey shirt that I wear whenever I want to feel pretty.
What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? A view from the top of a mountain in the fall.
Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read. I have a fortune cookie saying on my computer at work "The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do"
Do you have a wishlist? Nope

2 comments:

said...

pom - not yet. i love the virtual walk...so peaceful! and your quilting is almost enough to get me started!

said...

Henry and Abby!! They are so very cute!!
Your quilt is so beautiful, it makes me want to make my green one - I am always procrastinating!!