Saturday, December 24, 2005

Finished!

Well, yesterday, at 2 in the afternoon, I was looking at this pile of fabric. I was wondering if I could turn it into Mom's Christmas present in 24 hours.
You see, my family has a cabin in the Berkshires, and my mom has asked for matching twin-sized quilts for the kid's room. So, I agreed - one quilt for Christmas, and the other for her birthday (Feb 5th). I wanted to make a quilt that was for both boys and girls, and had 'cabin stuff' in it. So - I found fabric with bees, butterflies, bugs, lizards, boats, flip flops, frogs, dogs, and trees. I'd already done most of the hard work (cutting) but still needed to make the blocks and put them together. Well, ten minutes ago, I finished it! Here is the picture, right outside my front door. Mom seems pretty happy, huh? It still needs to be machine quilted, but all I planned to have done for Christmas was the piecing.

Here is wishing everyone a wonderful Christmas! Mom, Aaron, the dogs and I are heading to Nantucket early tomorrow morning. We want to spend Christmas dinner with Aaron's grandparents - and then Monday, we'll be back here for a week of rest and relaxation!

5 comments:

said...

Wow Cece the quilt looks brilliant - well done! Merry Christmas to you too! THat phot o is great - It is such a 'north american' scene. I'd love to see a photo of your house too. :-) Sharon

said...

That is some seriously impressive piecing ... you must have broken some sort of record!

It's a great quilt, and will be perfect for the cabin. Lucky Mom!!!

said...

Wow, how cute.

said...

Amazing Cece - *bows down* - absolutly amazing!

said...

That is *WONDERFUL* CeCe!