Thursday, November 17, 2005

I made this.

Usually, when I say that, I'm talking about a quilt, a hat, a pair of socks, a sweater - and it's something that has taken me weeks, if not months, to finish. Well, last night I made this scarf. (And yes, my bathroom is painted Sunkist Orange - I love it, but it makes seeing the true colors in the scarf difficult)
It took me about $25, three seams and 10 minutes to complete it. Isn't it beautiful? A couple of gals on the quilting weekend made some, with velvet from Portsmouth Fabric. Once I saw their finished scarves, I couldn't resist. And the colors in this piece, aren't they just beautiful? I plan on wearing it next week when I see family (Thanksgiving), to see their reaction - imagine if that was my 'handmade' gift? For once, people will be OVER reacting to the work I put into something.

In knitting news, the Trade Sweater has become too large to fit in my purse. So I've thrown in my Morehouse Merino to start another hat. I got this at Rhinebeck, and it feels just wonderful.

Of course, the weather here is all weird - it was 72 degrees yesterday! Not really scarf OR hat wearing weather. Only one more day till my weeks vacation! Yippee!!!

4 comments:

said...

Love the scarf, but love the colors of the bathroom even more!

Your family will be quite impressed, with the scarf as I doubt your going to parade all of them into your bathroom.

said...

We had 70 one day and 45 the next. But around here we know what that causes. Tornadoes. Love that scarf!
This blogger thing makes me feel dyslexic!

said...

I'm about to paint my bathroom orange. And I'm not kidding!!

said...

I adore the colors in the scarf! And you'll never believe this, but I too have an orange bathroom - heh!