Thursday, March 23, 2006

Socks, Sushi, Yarn buying, Mail day, and trades

So I was in Chicago for 2 nights. During which I did knit - finished one sock and right away cast on for the next. I probably could have finished both, but I went out to dinner both nights with co-workers. If you are ever in Chicago, and like sushi, I would highly recommend Sushi Wabi. Get the Godzilla roll. It. Is. Freaking. Awesome. I also watched Brokeback Mountain in my hotel room, and got so caught up in the movie I stopped knitting (which is rare for me).

Oh, and there also was a lot of new yarn that forced its way into my carry-on bag. A friend from the office has just gotten into knitting, so I felt compelled to bring her with me to Loopy Yarns. Again, I just love that store - their selection of Lorna's Laces is out of control. Here are the more aggressive yarns that threw themselves at me and FORCED me to bring them home: On the top is some Trekking XXL, which if you can believe it, I've never knit with before, then some LL's Worsted in Camo for a hat for Aaron, the red yarn is LL's Shephard Sock in their Flame colorway (Flame! I love it!), the bluish is more LL's Shephard Sock, this in Lakeview, and finally, some fun, muted self striping yarn (I forget the brand).

When I finally got home, I had my Socks that Rock kit waiting for me (no need for me to post a picture, as everyone else opened theirs first - but I will say... ohh ahhhh I like it a lot!), the book One Skein from Amazon (lots of fun stuff in there - I'm knitting the Baby Bolaro for a friend), and then - this huge package from my cousin. Remember the Bobblicious I sent her? I got a HUGE box of fun Stuff from Archipelago Botanicals from her. Here are all the goods!
2 candles, shampoo, conditioner, two different kinds of bady wash and then a cool 'home difffuser'. I think I made out in this trade! Definitly worth knitting with the super chunky yarn (which I hated).

Glad to be home! Tomorrow is Aaron's Lasik surgery - think happy eyes thoughts for him, if you can. Back to work for me.

3 comments:

said...

So glad you had fun and got home to find good stuff waiting for you.

said...

Great sock yarn! I'm dying to know what that self-striping yarn is. I'm knitting with that Trekking colorway right now and LOVE it. Peppermint ice cream: http://kniticity.blogspot.com/2006/03/treats-from-deutschland.html

said...

I think I bought that same rainbow-stripey yarn at Loopy last fall ... if I'm right, it's Lanet superwash.

I can't wait to visit that shop again when we're in Chicago this summer.