Sunday, March 26, 2006

Eyes and Quilts

Well, it's official - these eyes can see 20/20.


Sorry I didn't update sooner.. I know a few of my friends were anxious. The day of the surgery went really well. Aaron was the first person up, and the getting ready part was longer than the actual surgery. I got to watch (well - is 'got' the right word? It was a little gross to watch - but I couldn't stop looking). They gave him a valium right before - so by the time he came out, he was waxing poetic about the surgery (which was pretty funny). I got him home, and he just went straight to bed.

That whole day, I was asking if he could see well, and he was trying to save judgment until seeing the doctor the next day. Besides, he had these big plastic things taped over his eyes which were hard to see through. But - imagine how excited he was on Saturday morning when the doctor declared him officially 20/20! And, probably even better, because he eyes were too dry when he was taking the test. His eyesight will just get better as time goes on. We went straight to Sunglass Hut and got him some non prescription sunglasses.

Cool huh?

One other really exciting thing, is that I have finally officially finished the Hibicus Quilt! Here is a picture in one of the bedrooms we are still working on:

This quilt was only supposed to be 52 inches by 52 inches - a wall hanging. But I liked it so much I wanted it for the guest bedroom, so instead of 1 panel, I made 4. It was a lot of work, but totally worth it. I love it. And this is the first quilt that I did the binding myself - and I don't know why I was so scared to do it before! Next in the quilting lineup is putting the binding on my mother's quilts - then I'll need a new project!

I have much more to report, but this post is too long already. You'll have to wait.

13 comments:

said...

Glad to hear Aaron is doing well. Laurie and I were concerned yesterday.

The quilt is gorgeous. Love the colors. Of course.

said...

congratulations on the good vision & I LOVE the quilt!!

said...

That is good news on Aaron's vision, it will be like looking at a new man now without his glasses, some people change so much when they don't have their glasses on.

The quilt is gorgeous, it looks all summery.

said...

So glad all is well in the eye world. And that quilt is awesome, I love how bright and vivid the colors are.

said...

Your quilt is beautiful!

Good to hear the surgery went well.

said...

Just got back from my conference and was happy to read about how great Aaron did! The quilt is stunning by the way.

said...

Okay, the eye picture is super creepy, but definitely not as creepy as my blister pic! ;-) I loooooove the hibiscus quilt 100%. It gets the Amanda stamp of approval. I want to rub my buns on it. Nudely.

said...

Great news on Aaron! I can't imagine never wearing glasses again. The quilt is gorgeous! Such beautiful colors.

said...

WOW! The quilt looks amazing!

Glad the surgery went super well.

said...

Yay for Aaron, as a mostly blind person I know how excited he must be! And the quilt is positively lovely!

said...

Glad that procedure went well and perfect timing, now he can see without glasses how beautiful that quilt is!

said...

Love the quilt. Is Aaron amazed at what life's like without glasses? Must be a good feeling...

said...

You are a clever chook - I'm amazed at how much you manage to get done!! :-)