Sunday, March 19, 2006

Busy weekend!

This weekend, not only did we get a lot of house work done (yeah! for a new ceiling fan in our bedroom!) I did a lot of crafty things too. Friday night, Amanda and I met up for a swim at the Y, and after some dinner at her house. We are both making the Deep V Argyle vest - so we worked on them together. By the end of the weekend - here is where I am:

Of course, here is where she is (being big chested isn't always a good thing). I'm using Rowan Cashsoft DK - and it is such a wonderful and soft yarn... but I'm starting to question the use of it for this sweater. It's slippery, and superwash - so I don't know if I'll get any blocking benefit. So far, I'm liking the fabric - so I'm going to continue on.

Thursday night, I got the beads in the mail for the Ring Around Your Wrist bracelet. Saturday afternoon, I took a break from knitting and worked on it. This was SO easy to make - just opening and closing jump beads, and the finished product is great:

I've been wearing it ever since I finished it.

And finally, Aaron and I went to see V for Vendetta at the movies. I didn't have any socks on the needles (I was trying to hold out until my first Socks the Rock club yarn came in). But I needed something to bring - so I cast on for a simple sock with the Knit Picks Parade (in Plum, with colors that fall into the march Project Spectrum color) and made a lot of progress (I'm on the heel flap):

Tomorrow morning, super bright and early, I'm heading out to Chicago for work for a few days, so the blog will be quiet until Wednesday... but you know I'll still be knitting.

4 comments:

said...

The vest colours are really nice, the bracelet looks great and the socks are nice too. Have a good time in Chicago even if you are working.

said...

You sure have a lot of knitting progress! I love the colors of the vest and the socks. The bracelet is so pretty! Beading is so much fun. Where did you get the kit?

said...

Diggin' the bracelet, babe!

said...

Ok, as always - knitting is good, but HOW WAS THE MOVIE?!? hehe