Saturday, December 03, 2005

Not So Secret Pal


Well - here we are! Amysue and I met up at the Tea Place today for her final 'package'! It was so wonderful to get to meet her in person... fun and interesting! She brought loads of things to show off - a beautiful sock for her husband in trekking XXL (grumble grumble, wish I could get my husband to wear hand knitted socks), she is wearing a sweatshirt that she embellished herself (oh - did I mention!? She quilts too!) - along the same lines as my sweatshirt jacket but hers is a pullover.... and a new I-Pod! I'm still not convinced I need one, but she told me a told about the knitting Podcasts... and I'm starting to warm up to the idea. Oh - and see in the picture - my finished Samus. I'll get Aaron to take a better picture to show it off, but this was it's first outing now the temperatures are back to where they should be!

After finishing up our tea and scones, we headed to the Woolpack.
I am definitely going to run out of the Koigu for the Anti-Christmas Knitting sock (which is what the Jaywalker socks have become), so I was praying that they had one more skein of my color. They did! Yippeee! Amysue was loving the buttons... and truth be told, that although I did need to buy two presents, I left the store with more than that. I've been really interested by all the knitted bracelets I've been seeing around blog land, and they had kits! I got 2 kits, plus the size 000 needles you need to knit them - and yep, that is what I'm going to be doing the minute I log off ! But a nice relaxing day - thanks Amysue!

5 comments:

said...

I had a great time-thank you so much! (By the way, seeing as I was cameraless I swiped the pic for my blog)

said...

Man oh man, how jealous am I, two of my friends drinking tea and buying bracelet kits and koigu? Sounds like a fabulous time, and I'm glad you two crafty ladies got to hang out. :)

said...

Cece: Well truth be known, I was thinking about you and Amysue on Saturday while I was driving my husband and daughter to a Christmas Party in Watsonville, CA. It was a 5 hour drive and we had fun, but I kept thinking how much fun it would have been to be there with you guys seeing as though I was Amysue's secret pal and you were my secret pal (short lived) but the connection is there. So, I was really glad that you girls had a great time.

said...

Sounds like a wonderful meet up. Glad you had such a nice time.

said...

Knitting podcasts? Where?