Friday, December 02, 2005

Tagged by Shannon

Well, no new knitting pictures today, so I thought I'd throw up a meme that I saw at Shannon's blog:

Name 3 people you absolutely miss right this moment that you haven't seen in some time.
1. My Mom - she only lives 2 hours away - but haven't seen her since my birthday in September
2. My brother RJ - he lives to far away to visit often (Philly)
3. I'm going to cheat here - my friends Amanda and Paula. I used to get to see Amanda once a week - and we have been to busy to get together lately, and that sucks. And Paula - we don't get together too often, but when we do, it's a BLAST!

Name 3 things you miss about home during the holidays (be it people, smells, foods, whatever).
1. My mother's living room. We would decorate it to the 9's and have candles lit and the fireplace roaring. On Christmas Eve, I would pull out my sleeping bag and sleep right in front of the fireplace, if case Santa tripped over me in the middle of the night!
2. Assembling the tins of Christmas Cookies. My mother makes about 100 dozen cookies to give out as presents to friends and neighbors. There are 7 different types, and we would put them all on plates on our kitchen table, and walk around in circles making up the tins.
3. Somehow, my small family (my mother, brother and I) never got involved in family faimly politics. Now that I've married into a BIG family (there were 18 people at thanksgiving dinner) it's very different. We would just get together and have fun. No gossiping or anything.

Name 1 holiday memory that you have from childhood that you will never forget Well - my family has a cabin in the Berkshires. It's in a small community, and one year, one of the father's dressed up as Santa Claus and went from house to house giving presents. Well... I heard him walking up the porch, and I peaked out the window, saw it was Santa and RAN to my bed and closed my eyes (my mom was just trying to get me to go to bed by saying if I wasn't sleeping when Santa came, no presents!). I really and truly thought the I was getting to meet the real Santa. He gave my a teddy bear called Toby - my favorite stuffed animal!

Name at least 1 favorite book or movie that always reminds you of the holidays:
A Christmas Carol. If you can believe it, I played Scrooge in my middle school play!

Name your top 3 favorite holiday songs that get you in the mood to celebrate. Let's see - Santa Baby, The First Noel, and I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas.

If you could go anywhere other than home for the holidays, where would you choose to go and who would you want to bring along? The Cabin (to make it even more perfect - right after a fluffy snowfall)... with my Mom, my husband's Father (who is in China now) and my brother and his family.

The Grinch or Rudolph? Rudolph

Formal holiday dinner or casual get-together food? Casual dinner, but with gourmet food. We do it every year - cook great food, but we are wearing sweatpants and jeans!

Name the best holiday gift you ever received and why. When I was 10 years old, I wanted a special Swim Team Jacket - I remember that it cost $30 and my mother said she couldn't justify getting me a second jacket when I already had one. I wanted this thing SO bad. Well, my brother (who is 12 years older than me) ordered it for me, and gave it to me for Christmas. I was so happy to get that.

Describe the funniest holiday moment you've ever had. Hmmm. Maybe when my cat Gus climbed up my tree and then knocked it over! Scared the crap out of him. Now he lives with my mom (Aaron's allergies), and she doesn't even get a tree because he is such a PITA about it.

Name a holiday memory that truly warms your heart. Taking my mom to our annual Christmas Show. Some years we see the Nutcracker, once we went to Radio City Music Hall, and this year, to the The Black Nativity . But I know for a fact that she looks forward to going, and I get excited planning it.

Name your top 3 favorite TV specials that frequent the airwaves during the holiday season. A Christmas Story.. and that is about it, truth be told.

Sledding, snowball fight, snow angels or building a snowman? Sledding!

Eggnog, hot chocolate, or hot cider? Hot Chocolate (with peppermint schnapps, heh heh)
Candy canes or fruit cake?Neither.
Favorite holiday cookie: Mom's!

Well - this helped me get in the holiday spirit!

Annie - I tag you!

1 comments:

said...

Wheeee...I'm so glad you did it! It's nice to get a little window into the lives of my internet friends.