Monday, November 28, 2005

Jaywalker

So - you may notice a new button on my sidebar, I've joined the Jaywalker KAL. I was fishing around for a new 'carry-a-long' project, and these socks look like fun! I'm using Koigu, P411 (like that helps - you guessed it, I can't find the camera after the trip).

In other knitting news, I finished the Trade Sweater! And the Birthday Scarf! But, telling you is really just a tease, considering no pictures. Maybe tonight.

Oh - and in Secret Pal Fun - I sent out my last package to my original pal today. It'll get to her before the offical revel date, but I'm OK with it. I also got an to be an angel for a forgotten pal - and found out she lives 20 minutes from me! We are going to meet in person on Saturday to go to tea! That is her final 'package'! I'm excited. Maybe we'll hit some yarn stores also....

6 comments:

said...

You know the one reason I haven't participated in the Secret Pal thingy is because I don't know if I could live up to the expectations of those in it. I think it's a great idea and someday I hope to participate. BUt it irks me when I hear of people not living up to their obligation. No doubt they didn't send their goodies back when they didn't send out their things. It's good to know there are Angels like you out ther eparticipating.

said...

I know I'm grateful and yes, I sometimes wonder if the prson who originally had me is getting and keeping stuff, but ultimately it's her karma and not mine. I can't wait for Saturday...though proximity to yarn and quilt shops could be damaging to my financial health!

said...

You are so lucky living so close to your secret pal, have a great time. I am thinking of joining the Jaywalker KAL, but I don't know if I will have time, I may start it this weekend, then maybe not do much until January while on holidays, I have some bright pink sock yarn, so they just may be it.

said...

so cool that you are going to get to meet your pal! I know from meeting those mad Wollongong girls,
thanks for your comment, I have already ordered one, but thank you for thinking of me. too sweet

said...

Oh My Gosh!!!! I cannot believe this. Cece, the secret pal that you are meeting for tea was my secret pal. She just gave me her identity about a week ago. So, I was your angel and you were her angel. Now you will both have something else to talk about. It is a small world. I will have to write to her and tell her. Chris

said...

This is what I meant to say, your secret pal that you were an angel to was the secret pal that spoiled me. You may have thought that I was the secret pal that flaked on her. Thanks for coming through for her. She has been really nice to me.