Friday, November 25, 2005

I am the girl on Nantucket...

well, at least for this week. Aaron and I arrived here on Tuesday for our Thanksgiving week family visit. His mother, Aunt, and grandparents all live on the island. We like to come to visit now, rather than during 'the season'. Although the weather isn't as wonderful at it is in the summer, it's much less crazy - and not filled with what I like to call 'fabulous' people. (you know the type, they go to the beach in white bathing suits, perfectly done hair, and full makeup).

Anyway - besides having a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner yesterday, I managed to finish up a rug hooking project that I had started about a year ago. It is a kit from Lincoln Farms Designs, called Black Planets. This is a picture of the finished hooked part, I still need to make it into a bag. See the beautiful natural light? That is where I've been sitting while working on this! Aaron's mother has a sitting room with 8 windows and a sky light - just the perfect place to sit and knit (or rug hook). We are planning on going home tomorrow, and then Monday, back the the 'real' world.

But for now, I'm going to take the dogs for a run on the beach! I'll try and get some pictures of the dogs in action!

4 comments:

said...

That rug is so cool! It's, like, half mod, half amoeba looking blobs. I love the colors! Enjoy your week, I hope you get to finish your project.

said...

Yes, puppies pictures please!! Glad you are having a great time. Enjoy it while it lasts.

said...

Well done Cece, it looks great!! Nantucket sounds great. I'm going to have to google it - its one o fthose places that you've heard of heaps but really have very little idea of where they are. Have fun.

said...

*LOVE* your hook rug. It looks fantastic. Congratulations! And to be able to complete it what sounds like such a beautiful spot...lucky girl!