Thursday, January 13, 2011

Tuckernuck

Both kids have kind of slowed down in growth, and I'm taking some time to make them both a new sweater. I'm making Maggie's first, because she barely has any sweaters! My friend Suzanne pointed out the Tuckernuck sweater in the latest Interweave, and I thought it was perfect.


I've learned, in my great 1 full year of baby girl knitting expereince, that I have to just give in to the pink. I have knit Maggie several sweaters, and was avoiding knitting pink - mostly to be different! And fun! Well, different and fun doesn't match with the majority of pink hand me down clothes that Maggie actually wears - so the sweaters didn't get worn much. What a waste. So, I have given in, and am knitting her this bubble gum pink sweater.

I love the simple knitting, but how it looks so complicated. It's a great pattern and I'm excited to have her wear it. Now, just to find the time to knit.

2 comments:

said...

It is fun, isn't it? I'm almost done with a yellow one for WB.

What yarn are you using?

said...

Pretty! I might have to find a girlie girl in my life to knit this for. (all boys here)