Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Soul Sucking Sleeves

Well. The sleeves of my Rhinebeck sweater are done. I haven't made a cap sleeved sweater in forever, and I forgot the pain and agony that they induce. I'm SO thankful that I decided to do the sleeves first, as this would have done me in if I was knitting them last. Each sleeve is 26 inches long. I know this happens to everyone else too, we all know that sleeves are at least 1/3 of the sweater knitting.... but seriously!

This is a super crappy picture - the color is so far off. This yarn is awesome. I don't know how they did it, but the yarn color seems to change as you look at it - from a beautiful rich blue to a pretty light purple.

Still excited about this sweater - but I'm curious to see if it'll really be worn at Rhinebeck. 11 knitting days to go, but I'm alone with the kids all day Monday (Aaron is going to hang out with his friends on Columbus Day).... it'll be close!

0 comments: