Monday, July 19, 2010

Sewing!

I've been knitting toddler socks, mostly - and would love to share pictures... but my card reader is dead. So if you forgive the crappy iPhone pictures - I'll share a little bit of sewing it did this weekend. I all of a sudden was inspired to sew a few cute things for Maggie! She even came with me to the fabric store - but wasn't much help in picking out fabrics. Maybe in a few years?

The first is hopefully re sized to fit her now - I'm going to try it on tonight. I finished it after she went to bed last night:The pattern is from Making Children's Clothes by Emma Harding. To size it for Maggie (who is in 6 -9 month sizes) I made it 4 inches less around. It's called the "Smock Top" and I think when I make it again - I'll space out the elastic a little more on the top. I really hope this fits! But if it doesn't, it isn't a huge fail - maybe $2 in fabric, and I can just try again!

These are the corduroy pants that I was envisioning to go with this sweater I made her. Did I even show the sweater on here? It's from that Mirsol book I'm obsessed with - made out of NON MACHINE WASHABLE Koigu Kristi Merino Crepe (note to self - read label before knitting from stash). I think it will be adorable on her, but I felt she needed maroon cords to go with it.

Buying them? $40. Sewing them myself? Again, $4 in fabric and another $4 for the pattern (which I'll use again if these fit right). They seem a bit large in the diaper area... but I guess that is a good thing. I still need to hem them and finish the waistband, but I'll wait until we are closer to the fall for that.

2 comments:

said...

Cute, cute cute!! I'm glad you are all doing well.

Sarah (from Cattywampus)

said...

Wow - that top is really pretty. I have never even tried sewing but if it saves that much, maybe I should.