Friday, November 20, 2009

On vacation

Over a month since I last posted here? Insane. I don't think I've ever gone that long. I'm less than two weeks away from adding two more babies to our family (they are scheduled to arrive on 12/2!), and am on 'vacation'. I decided to take two weeks off work before the twins arrive to get things organized and relax. My blood pressure was starting the creep up (that was why I got induced with the Fishling) and interestingly enough, it's stayed totally fine this week now that I'm not working!


I've been getting little chores done so I've got nothing to worry about when the girls are here except for baby care - like finishing up Christmas shopping, getting my car inspected and my oil changed... silly chores that were almost impossible to do while working full time, taking care of an 11 month old and being heavily pregnant with twins. But I've also been knitting up a storm, as I'm not really mobile or able to move around much. I have finished 3 sweaters for the Fishling that I have yet to show off, and 2 for the twins. Since only one is downstairs, and waddling upstairs is not a pretty sight.... today I will show you the Drive Thru:


Pattern: Drive Thru, smallest size
Yarn: Encore Worsted on size 5 needles. Little more than one skein of the light grey, bits of the other colors.

This is the 4th time I've knit this pattern, and I'll totally knit it again. A GREAT sweater for a girl or boy, and knits up super fast. Awesome awesome awesome.

And yes, I know handknits are cuter on the actual baby. So here is the Fishling walking with Dad at Costco (and yes. He was officially walking at 11 months. A blessing and a curse, lol)


This sweater is perfect in length and width in the 2 year size - but I'm nervous that the arms are going to be too tight too quickly. And I think this is SUCH a cute sweater - I try to have him wear it as much as possible.

10 comments:

said...

That sweater is adorable! I can't wait to see what the twins will be wearing. ;-)

said...

That looks great on him!

Boy has his hair gotten red! What a cutie. And yes while other people think babies walking early is fun, it is a little less cute when it is your own LO. Just wait for the climbing.

said...

Omg! Can't believe he's walking! Counting the days till we see the new additions!

said...

CeCe, he is adorable!

said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
said...

ahh, the joys of early walkers. both mine started walking at ten months! he is adorable.

said...

He is so cute and the jumper looks great on him. He is a real little man isn't he. I wouldn't worry too much about the sleeves, babies seem to slim a bit when they get mobile whether they need to or not.

said...

Too adorable for words!

said...

Thinking of you and sending best wishes for an easy time of it. I had very, very high BP with #1 and totally normal with #2, so hope it stays that way for you.

The Fishling is so adorable with that red hair.

said...
This comment has been removed by the author.