Monday, February 02, 2009

Spawn of Braun Boatneck

A while back, I got my very own Spawn of Braun heavy weight yarn from Blue Moon Fiber Arts. I wanted to make the Fishling something..... but what sort of something I wasn't sure. I decided that I would start out with just a plain old sweater. I looked around on Ravelry, and found a simple boat neck sweater pattern in Itty Bitty Nursery. The pattern calls for a bunch of stripes and embellishments - but I really just wanted to show off the yarn.


Here is the plain, finished sweater:





I liked it well enough. But I was nervous that it was a bit too pink for my little guy. I did add stripes of turquoise on the sleeves.... I asked Aaron if it looked too 'girly' and he said he didn't think so. "And even if it does, babe - it isn't like he cares!". But I figured I would just crochet around the neck in the turquoise. When I finished with that, I thought I'd add the little patch on the front. And then a little starburst. And then a few on the sleeves....

I don't know if it's more 'manly' - but I think it's cute!

6 comments:

said...

Beyond cute. It's adorable.

said...

It's adorable! Glad you picked the turquoise.

said...

It's totally cute.

and besides, plenty of boys LOVE pink until society beats that out of them (speaking as the mom of one - Toby has just started bemoaning the girl-ness of pink - and he's 8!)

said...

It's very cute - and not too girly at all. Even if you think it is a bit pink, historically baby boys wore pink and girls blue so you can just say that it's traditional!

said...

That's gorgeous! And not girly at all.

said...

Very cute! I love how colorful it is...