Saturday, November 01, 2008

More Socks

I finished these socks a looooong time ago. But then I lost them. Whoops. You know, when I was organizing stuff. Anyway - I found them again this morning, when I was digging for yarn, and thought I'd throw the finished picture up on the blog.

These are Prima Vera Socks in Berroco Comfort Sock:


It's a really nice pattern for yarns that are gradually self striping - and simple to remember. A few of my knit buds had bought this yarn when it first came out and I have to admit I wasn't a fan. It's description from their website is "Comfort is an ultra-soft blend of Super Fine Acrylic and Super Fine Nylon and spun into a luxury twist. The yarn is easy care – machine wash and dry – and allergy free.". That last piece is the bit that finally sold me. My doula - who I love dearly - is truly allergic to wool. I usually don't belive people when they say that (for instance, I tricked my MIL by making her 'cotton' socks that were 25% wool, and she loves them). But my doula really is. So I gave it a whirl.

I would knit the pattern again for sure - but I'm still doubtful on the yarn. I knit it to 7.5 sts to the inch, and it still feels pretty floppy to me. Of course, I thinking that the combination of acrylic and nylon will last until the end of time. I should just stop worrying about it. They are pretty, though.

1 comments:

said...

Those are pretty - and I have the yarn in a DK and it is really soft. Good thing you found them!