Friday, October 31, 2008

Nice.

A long, long time ago, in a world before I blogged, I used to be a member of the Sockknitters yahoo group. And we did a sock swap. I had a very nice pal for the swap who made me a beautiful pair of Baby Rib Cable Socks. I wore those socks until they were barely held together by a thread... I loved them. And I always wanted to make a replacement pair for myself. Never did.

But - now that I'm working on my Christmas knitting - I decided to make one of my gift socks in this fun pattern. I also decided to use a skein of yarn I keep on saving for 'something special':

The yarn is Bearfoot Sock from Mountain Colors - and after years of hand knit sock wearing, I recognise that even though this yarn is labeled 'superwash' - the 25% mohair will just felt on my feet (I'm a sweaty foot type of gal - TMI? Sorry). So - I'm going to make myself happy by knitting these into great socks for a good friend.

3 comments:

said...

Baby Rib Cable is one of my favorite patterns - and I love Bearfoot but stopped using it because I kept felting them by mistake in the wash. I love your socks though - what a great colorway! Lucky person that is getting them...

said...

Great color. I hope you have a fun and relaxing weekend.

said...

sounds like the perfect way to make you happy. it is beautiful yarn and will make beautiful socks!