Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Having fun, not a baby.

I was reminded by a commenter that when I go so long without posting... many of you think the FiberFishling may have arrived. That is not the case! What has arrived is the last weeks before my due date! 16 days to go! And the swelling and discomfort that is apparently 'normal'. Sigh.

But - this weekend I spent in the company of a bunch of my girlfriends - we went to Portsmouth, NH and quilted at a B&B for the entire weekend. It was AWESOME. I only worked on one project - a quilt that I started at the very beginning of the year. I started making this for my queen sized bed - but then we got a new king sized... and it became a bit of a daunting project. I sewed just plain strips of fabric for a good 16 hours straight. This mess:


Became this 'almost finished' quilt top:


I still have the borders to put on - but I'm SO proud of this quilt. It is totally beautiful, and is going to look AWESOME in my bedroom - and it's a huge project to have completed before the baby comes. I was stressing out on the finished size (it will be 99 X 108) but when I got home from quilting, I measured the comforter on my bed - and this will be bigger. It's perfect! I love it!

Happy dance!

5 comments:

said...

It's beautiful Cece! Nice job!

said...

Love it! I can not believe the due date is so soon~! ahhhh

said...

Cece, all I can say is WOW!!!! it turned out really great. I love it. hmmm couldn't you see it done in shades of gray?

said...

Just fabulous! I am very proud of you.

said...

Nice!! You can send it to my house where I would love it, care for it, and call it George...